We’ve all been there.
You’re busy, you’re seeing lots of different people, and someone walks into your studio or business and their name just will not come. Disaster. OK, so it’s not the worst thing ever, but we all know that saying hi to someone by name is not only nice but good for business.
Imagine also that someone walks into your studio for just their second visit and you remember their name. Impressive. So how do you do it? Here are 5 tips to help you remember names.
1. Believe in Yourself. Useful for many things in life but with names it means getting away from the ‘I’m hopeless at names’ statement and moving toward the ‘I’m great at names’… and implementing some of the tips below 🙂
2. Write Them. It’s not cheating. They are clients you should write their names down. It might also help to note down something distinctive about the person.
3. Ask them to Repeat it. Hearing the name for a second time can really help. Once you hear it again repeat it back to them or use it in the conversation. With names that have tricky pronunciation get them to help you pronounce it correctly.
4. Concentrate and Commit. Often you’ll meet new people at the beginning of a class. Ensure you are thinking about remembering names and really concentrate when you meet them. Ensure you listen to their name and focus on getting a clear physical impression of them.
5. Don’t be afraid to Ask. That is, use something like: “sorry, I missed your name”.
In summary, if you really focus on getting better at names, you will.
We hope these help! if you have any other tricks please share below.
Finally, kudos to the following articles that helped us in our research: